Food in my Shirt Victoria restaurants

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Name of my Blog

Ok, so just a quick note about the name of this blog and then I will share my awesome chicken recipe with you. (You? Who are you? Maybe you are just Michelle?)
The name of this blog is because i always get food in my shirt. This may be for a wealth of reasons. Maybe my shirts are too low cut. Maybe I am a very messy eater. It's probably the first one, but i didn't want you all to think I'm some kind of skank. I'm not! That's just how shirts ride on me. I can't help the fullness of my bust. I admit, i kinda like it. But there you go, after almost every meal, i will find something in my shirt. Kinda gross.

Easy Yummy Thai Chicken

Ever had the spicy Thai Peanut Noodle at Noodle Box? This is better, Cheaper and sooo easy! Thanks for the base recipe that became this Michelle ( Michelle is getting so many shout outs in here, i should get paid for ad space!)

You will need:
Chicken ( you can use breasts or bone in pieces. I like pieces because they are cheap and the bone adds flavour and thickness to the sauce. Yum!)
oil
onion
garlic
ginger
shitake mushrooms (just 4 or so, don't want to break the bank)
chicken stock (one cheap can of the Asian stuff works well)
coconut milk (same as above)
peanut butter (what ever you got, smooth, crunchy, natural, insane Skippy sweetened)
Fish Sauce (this is Thai people! Fish sauce is a must!)Asian condiments ( I love the fridge forage! What do you have? Hoisin, soy sauce, mirin, sweet chili, spicy chili, oyster, sesame oil? get creative!!)
Veggies ( I like snow peas, sweet peppers and broccoli because they all cook at the same speed)
Lime (one for the sauce and one to cut up for garnish. fancy!)
Cilantro (Dear cilantro haters, you are silly. You actually like this stuff when you don't know it's there.)

Cooking:

Ok, oil in Wok (woks are awesome. go get one if you don't have one) hear it and start browning the chicken. I like a medium brown, try not to burn the pan or yourself. This is just for flavour, don't try to do it until the chicken is cooked through. Take out the chicken and add the onions and let them cook for a few until they are softer than raw onions. Add garlic, ginger and mushrooms. How much garlic and ginger? I don't know, how much do you like? Ok, Cook until you get that nice shitake smell going or until the onions are browning and you are getting a little bored. this should be done over med low heat. Burnt onions taste gross. Add the chicken stock, almost the whole can. stir. add coconut milk, almost the whole can. stir. add peanut butter. stir a more until it's in there. How much peanut butter? Taste it and figure it out! there's no raw chicken in there right now, so don't be a pussy about it. Ok, enough of the peanut flavour is there so put the other flavour stuff in, just hold off on the lime and cilantro. Tasting good? put the chicken back in, put it on simmer and let it go. check it every five or ten, give it a stir, turn the chicken but no more tasting. Raw chicken is back on the scene. after about 30 minutes toss in the veggies. they will take about 5 or 10 minutes depending on if you have teeth or not. When it's all cooked squeeze in some lime, toss on some cilantro and serve it over rice or noodle.

Note: if you use breast pieces this whole process will go faster but you will have to thicken at the end with cornstarch and cold water.

Ok, go eat this!

Next blog, bitching about walmart!! yay!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that you mention me so much! Also I love experiments with my recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. A comment! Ok, it's from Michelle so it doesn't really count, but whatever! Hey michelle, thanks!

    ReplyDelete