Food in my Shirt Victoria restaurants

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mummy`s GoGo Juice

I have come to a place in my life where I love coffee. Maybe it`s the  middle of the night wake up, the never ending laundry or maybe it`s the coffee. I adore Caffe Fantastico. I go there when ever I can, usually bringing a kid or two with me. The staff are great, friendly, hilarious and never too smug to joke around with a five year old. I love their red eye. For those of you who get 8 hours of sleep at night and don`t feel the need to mainline caffeine in the morning, I will explain what this is. It is a cup of coffee ( a big one in my case) with an extra shot or two of espresso tossed in for good measure. My daughter calls it mommy gogo juice. Some days, i swear it is the only thing that keeps me going. Once, on a whim, i got a red eye at Starbucks. The Worst! It actually made me feel pretty ill. I started going to Fatastico because it has a laundromat attached to it. I am a fiend for clean laundry so I spent a lot of time there. The laundromat has a bunch of great toys and books that keep my little one occupied while I sip coffee and fold laundry. Ah, heaven!
Fantastico also has some great food. Not the muffins, some of them are super dense. Not my thing at all. But they have croissants that I swear are just crunchy butter. The other day I was there and they had apple, Maple, BACON fritters! I am not sure I ever actually lived before that day.
So ya, I love this place. Super awesome staff, great coffee, yummy snacks and the music is pretty great too.

Caffè Fantastico on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Mummy`s GoGo Juice" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites Vegetarian restaurant | Sweet Shop

    ReplyDelete